Monday, November 28, 2011

Jæja...

The time to start has finally come.

I make no predictions or promises about the content of this blog. I'm trying to avoid stating a purpose more noble than simply venting my spleen.

I reserve the right to blend Icelandic into my writings; I've been here long enough to do so with sang froid and I don't necessarily care if I get my spelling or grammar wrong. None of my petty crimes again the noble language can be as heinous as the day-to-day abuse meted out by the Icelanders on their own language: the tök orð, the pretentious use of Danish and the woefully poor grasp of even basic English.

And, you know what? I don't care if I don't hold the moral high ground. I care less than I care about the horror of starting not only a sentence but a whole paragraph with the word 'and'. I don't claim to be perfect in any way whatsoever, so IMHO that leaves me the option of being as contradictory and hypocritical as I want.

1 comment: